SEEP organization in the framework of "Our nature" project funded by European Union in Albania through the program #ACHIEVE of REC Shqipëri, organized a meeting with students of Dukati high school which is located near Llogara National Park. High school students claimed that all residents warm their homes with trees of the forest, while the municipality had to intercede for firewood. They were also concerned for hunting that continues without stopping in the Karaburun peninsula, mainly of wild boar. A particular concern of the community regarding forests, is forest burning from herdsmen to create suitable pastures for their cattle. They pledged that they will denounce with photos and videos cases that will highlight the non-implementation of moratoriums.Read more ...
On the international Wetland Day, SEEP organized a study, informative and awareness raising visit for students of Reald University and Ali Demi high school.
There was discussed by the guests about:
- Competition for the best picture of wetlands.
- Mitigation of natural disasters ,climate change effects, flooding, drought and the tampon role of wetlands.
- High values of wetland ecosystem for the great diversity of species and very favorable habitat for the biodiversity and food chain.
- Characteristic types of fish, eels, shellfish and birds.
- Blu Economy and irreplaceable values of the wetland for employment and food for the locals
- Underwater history and archaeology of the ancient city of Orik immersed under the water of the lagoon.
- Types of migratory birds and the effect of hunting Moratorium.
- Nearby MPA and its role in the conservation of buffer zones.
Participants in the event were activists of SEEP, Reald University, Naturalist Club, Department of Fisheries, the Organization of Fishery, Green Vision, National Youth Center, Directorate of Cultural Monuments and Heritage, Department of Protected Areas, Municipality and administrative units of Orikumi, DAR etc. . The event was funded by Reald University.Read more ...
Today, SEEP organization conducted an open meeting with the community, residents near the city forest, representatives of the Agency of Protected Areas and environmental inspectorate, to find a common denominator for the implementation progress of the moratorium on hunting and forest moratorium. From the round table it was clear that the denominator is our nature. Nature belongs to all, primarily the community, then as the duty of country institutions. The event was organized in the framework of the project "Our nature" financed by European Union in Albania through ACHIEVE of REC Shqipëri .Read more ...
On the occasion of the Month of Afforestation, SEEP organization in the framework of the project "Our nature" financed by the European Union in Albania through ACHIEVE program of REC Albania, conducted tree planting in the damaged areas of the city forest that were selected in collaboration with the Administration of Protected Areas in Vlore. For the realization of this project were engaged students of "24 Maji" for their education and increasing the love for nature. They placed their names on the trees in order to look after them even in the following days and also to encourage their peers to do the same. They shared pictures of this activity on their FB profiles.Read more ...